If you wish to announce a show or event for artists to
enter, send email to
Shows/Events to Enter
- What: LAA Art Under the Oaks
- Where: Alden Lane Nursery
- When: Saturday, July 20th and Sunday, July 21st from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Application: Download
- Information: For more information send email to Erin Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: LAA Art in the Vineyard
- Where: Wente Estate Winery and Tasting Room, 5565 Tesla Rd. Livermore, CA
- When: Sunday May 26, 2013, 11:00am to 5:00pm
- Application: Closed
- Fee: Space fee is $ 35.00 plus 20% commission on all sales.
PAL Show - Imagination Expressed
For PAL members only.
- Where: Museum on the Main in Pleasanton
Show: April 9 through June 10
Registration by March 9
Receiving: April 8, 10:00 am to noon
Reception: Sunday the 14, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.
- Application: Email Carole Hilton at email@example.com
- What: PAL Show - Imagination Expressed
PAL - Gallery on the Green
2 dimensional fine art, sculpture, photography, and pottery only. All work must be the original work of the artist.
- Where: Wente Event Center, 5050 Arroyo Rd., Livermore
- When: Show: Saturday, June 8, 2013, 10 am - 4 pm
- Application: Download
- What: PAL - Gallery on the Green
- What: “Fresh Works” 3rd Annual Open Juried Exhibit
Show: April 24 to May 25
Reception and Awards: Saturday, April 27, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Entry Deadline: Feb. 13 at 5 pm
Acceptance Notification: March 8
Work Delivery: April 11, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and 5:00 to 6:30 pm
Pick-up: Tuesday, May 28, 2:30 to 6:30 pm
- Where: Harrington Gallery at Firehouse Arts Center
- Application: Closed
- What: Applications are now being accepted for outdoor booth space in the 15th annual Art in the Park Fine Arts Festival in San Ramon. Fine Art Categories: Painting, Photography, Ceramics, Sculpture, Fiber Art, Graphics and Fine Jewelry.
- When: October 5 & 6, 2013 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: Central Park, Alcosta Blvd at Bollinger, San Ramon (at the Community Center)
- Application: Download
The event will feature a large artist exhibit
in the main rotunda at Blackhawk Plaza in
Danville. Wine vendors will be around the
perimeter of the rotunda providing wine
tasting. This will be a fundraiser for the
San Ramon Valley Schools art programs.
All artists in all mediums are welcome (2D &
There will be no separate categories for judging. Cash awards & ribbon prizes will be given for Place awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd), in addition to a Best of Show and Artist's Choice award. Ribbon awards will be given to Honorable Mention winners.
- When: May 18 & 19, 2013
- Where: Blackhawk Plaza in Danville
- Information: Visit adas4art.org/primavera-2013-call-for-artists
- What: The event will feature a large artist exhibit in the main rotunda at Blackhawk Plaza in Danville. Wine vendors will be around the perimeter of the rotunda providing wine tasting. This will be a fundraiser for the San Ramon Valley Schools art programs. All artists in all mediums are welcome (2D & 3D).
- What: San Leandro Art Association Festival of Fine Art
- When: Show: Saturday, June 29, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Sunday, June 30, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Casa Peralta 384 W. Estudillo Ave. San Leandro
- Application: Visit www. slartassociation.org
- Fee: Members $10 each. Up to 6 entries. Non-Members $15 each. Up to 6 entries.
- Information: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artists in the Garden with the Fremont Art Association
Juried show, limited spaces available.
- Where: Regan’s Nursery, Fremont
- When: Show: June 29 & 30, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Fee: FAA member $45, non member $60 plus 10% fee on all sales.
- Information: Send email to Simone Archer at email@example.com
- What: Artists in the Garden with the Fremont Art Association
- What: We are pleased to announce the Sun Gallery will host an exhibition entitled World View: Landscape in Contemporary Art. Thanks to Jacqueline Cooper for this great theme, which she conceives of as follows: "Landscape painting is a very broad term. Traditionally, it describes the depiction of natural scenery such as mountains, valleys, trees, rivers, and forests. It can also cover the representation of the urban environment and, more broadly speaking, landscape may act as a background for figurative work where the narrative of the completed artwork relies upon the interaction of the two. The Sun Gallery is interested in exploring as broad an interpretation of landscape as possible and is soliciting submissions from artists that work in all media and across genres.”
- Where: Sun Gallery
- When: April 24th to June 1, 2013
- Information: Visit hosted.verticalresponse.com/427379/5624ad45fd/1525000801/590fe1eea5/
- What: Livermore Cultural Arts Council (LCAC) promotes educational and cultural activities within the Livermore community and surrounding areas. They are seeking an artist to help design posters, flyers, postcards and business card sized handouts. They also need help creating a brand/logo for LCAC. The artist would be “enshrined” in Livermore Cultural Arts History as the creator of the logo and marketing material.
- Information: Send email to Chuck Harwig at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Alameda County Fair Entries
- Where: Alameda County Fair Grounds in Pleasanton
- When: July 12-28
- Information: Visit www.acfairexhibits.com and follow the links.
- What: California State Fair
- Where: California State Fair Expo
July 12-28, 2013
Entry deadline is April 26
- Information: Visit www.bigfun.org/participate-in-the-fair/compete-at-the-fair/adult/ and follow the links.
- What: Artshow.com seeks entries for the 9th annual Art Kudos Competition. Cash awards totaling $4,000. The award winners will be selected by Kara Rooney, Associate Art Editor for The Brooklyn Rail and faculty member at the School of Visual Arts, New York, NY. Open to all artists 18 years or older. No video or wearable art.
- Where: Online at www.artkudos.com
- When: July 15, 2013 - July 15, 2014. Deadline is June 30.
- Information: Visit www.artkudos.com/callforentries.html
- Fee: $35 for 3 images.
- What: The Pleasanton Downtown Association and Studio Seven Arts are once again sponsoring the 1st Wednesday ArtBlock to promote the arts in Downtown Pleasanton. This event will run in conjunction with the Downtown Pleasanton 1st Wednesday Street Party for 2013. The event attracts over 100,000 visitors and has been overwhelming success for all that participate and attend.
- Where: Downtown Pleasanton
- When: May 1, June 5, July 3, August 7, September 4
- Information: Download information sheet
- What: Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford Art Review Committee is seeking applications from qualified artists, to be considered for future commission or purchase of artwork, installing in 2016, at the LPCH New Expansion Project in Palo Alto, California
- Where: Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, in Palo Alto, California
- When: Installing in 2016
- Information: Visit www.lpchcallforartists.com
Join us as we bring a celebration of the arts
to downtown Pleasanton, featuring professional
and emerging street painters and a variety of
performances. Here’s how you can participate:
- Become a street painter! All artists will be paired with a sponsor unless they choose to sponsor themselves. Or, let an emerging artist know of this great opportunity! Refer them to our website for more information and an application: www.the-big-draw.com
- Rent a booth to sell any and everything to raise funds and awareness for your organization at The Elephants for the Arts Tag Sale. A booth costs $40 and space is limited so please contact Jill Vellinger at email@example.com to reserve a spot.
- Be one of the performing artists at the festival or at one of our pianos on downtown Main Street. Contact Rebecca Bruner at Rebecca@remaxaccord.net
- Become a sponsor for one of the street artists or a piano. Go the our website for more information: www.the-big-draw.com/
- Become a volunteer. We know you are busy with your arts and organization, but we’d love to have your help on the day of the festival if you can spare the time.
- Where: Division Street and Railroad Avenue in Downtown Pleasanton
- When: May 10-11, 2013
- Information: Visit www.the-big-draw.com
- What: Join us as we bring a celebration of the arts to downtown Pleasanton, featuring professional and emerging street painters and a variety of performances. Here’s how you can participate:
The Lodi Arts Commission is pleased to
announce that the monthly First Friday Art Hop
art shows have added three new venues.
New locations for this popular event will
include Fields Family Wines, Borelli Jackson
Jewelry and Watch Repair and Sea Salt Cottage.
They join current venues: the Thomas Theater
Gallery at Hutchins Street Square, the Lodi
Community Art Center, the Lodi Public Library,
The Dancing Fox Winery & Bakery, Scooters,
Taste of Heaven and McKinleys Frame Shop
Artists of all types and abilities are being sought and are encouraged to participate.
- Where: Lodi. See above.
When: Ongoing on the first Friday of the month.
- Information: Contact the Lodi Arts Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: The Lodi Arts Commission is pleased to announce that the monthly First Friday Art Hop art shows have added three new venues. New locations for this popular event will include Fields Family Wines, Borelli Jackson Jewelry and Watch Repair and Sea Salt Cottage. They join current venues: the Thomas Theater Gallery at Hutchins Street Square, the Lodi Community Art Center, the Lodi Public Library, The Dancing Fox Winery & Bakery, Scooters, Taste of Heaven and McKinleys Frame Shop
- What: Looking for artist voluneers to help out on July 24 from 12:30 to 4 pm to help veterans create art, or do other tasks. Additionally, artists are needed different times throughout the year to help teach art at the Veterans home.
- Where: Vetrans home in Livermore, CA
- When: July 24 and throughout the year.
- Information: Send email to Bud Donaldson at email@example.com.
- What: Become a Docent! Share your passion for art with your community! The Village Theatre Art Gallery is seeking volunteers who will lead, teach, and inspire our community to appreciate fine art. Becoming a docent offers you the opportunity to learn about different works of art, artists, historical periods, and cultures. Docents provide an essential link between the exhibit and the visitor and are the heart of the museum experience. No experience necessary. Training will be provided, and flexible shifts are available.
- Where: The Village Theatre Art Gallery, Danville, CA
- When: Open
- Information: contact Jane Laris via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 314-3465.
More show links...
A listing of more shows can be found at artshow.com